Eyes may or may not be the windows of the soul, but windows are most definitely the eyes of a home.
They let the sunlight and the fresh air in, they can provide a lovely view, and they make the interior feel more open and spacious.
In order to do all these things, however, windows need to be cleaned regularly.
Letting them become dirty will not only make your entire house look ugly and unkempt, it can actually make you feel depressed and unhappy.
Although this problem can be easily solved by booking a home cleaning service in Sterling, VA, learning how to do it yourself is still well-worth your while.
In this article, we’ll give you some tried-and-true pointers on how to make sure your window cleaning is well worth the effort. Read on!
How can I make my window glass shine?
Most windows can be cleaned with hot, soapy water and a bit of vinegar. However, this approach isn’t always as quick or as effortless as we’d want it to be.
You can do it a lot faster by doing the following:
- Dust the windows thoroughly,
- Put a towel or a rag under the window to catch any dripping water,
- Mix a window-cleaning detergent with water and use it to drench the window panes,
- Once the detergent has done its thing, dry off the windows with a squeegee.
And you don’t have to do it alone. Other members of the household should pitch in.
Unless they’re very young, even your kids can help with the cleaning.
This goes double if you also have to deal with a dirty oven or perform other demanding cleaning tasks so you don’t have enough time to give the windows the attention they need.
How do I clean cloudy glass windows?
If you have leaded, stained, or tinted windows, you should avoid using window-cleaning products designed for standard glass as these can damage your windows’ unique look.
If the glass in your windows is non-standard, always buy a cleaner that’s designed for it and follow the instructions on the packaging.
Don’t forget that dirt and dust can stick on the inside of your windows as well.
Thoroughly cleaning both sides of your windows will not only make them look better; it will also improve the interior air quality of your home.
How often should I wash my windows?
No two homes are the same, and as a result, no two homes can have the exact same cleaning needs. Like other types of cleaning, how often your windows should be washed depends on multiple factors.
These factors include:
- Where you live. If your house is located in a forest or a city, your windows will likely get a lot more dirt on them than if you live in the countryside.
- Time of the year. Depending on your location, certain seasons such as autumn and winter may be extremely damp, windy, and prone to rain and snowfalls. Needless to say, this will rapidly muck up your windows.
- Type of window. Small basement and attic windows aren’t overly conspicuous or used often, and therefore don’t need to be cleaned nearly as often as patio doors and full window walls.
Where can I schedule a quality home cleaning service in Sterling, VA?
Keeping your place spotless is easier said than done.
Many Sterling, VA residents simply can’t find the motivation to clean, or they’d rather use their valuable free time to relax and enjoy Potomac River views with a hike along the paved trails at Algonkian Regional Park.
Here at Blanca Clean Services, we fully understand how you feel.
The first-in-class cleaning pros we team up with can ensure your windows are crystal clear at all times, as well as provide all other types of house cleaning.